Red Pesto brushed Monkfish wrapped in Serrano Ham, on a Chorizo and Med Veg Risotto 💛
Right there’s a lot going on here but believe me it’s worth the effort!! This would be a classy lil dish to make someone on Valentines, if you’re looking for inspo 💕
I love monkfish because I’m not a huge fan of ‘fishy’ fish so this is the perfect solution, as it’s quite meaty and is similar to cod in it’s subtle flavour.
The risotto is one that we make quite often and tends to be where we just throw what we’ve got left in the fridge in it and hope for the best. But Tom definitely struck gold with this recipe last night so I made him write it down 😎 (he pretends he’s not loving being an Instagram boyfriend (he is))
Ideally I’d have served this with a garlic pizza bread to sweep up all of the sauce, but it was FREEZING outside so I wasn’t about to make Tom go and set up the pizza oven, no matter how much I wanted it.
Save the recipe to test it out later 👩🏼🍳
For the fish:
– Baste the fish in red pesto and wrap it in Serrano ham. Then pop it in the grill for 5 mins on each side.
For the risotto:
– Add white onion, garlic, balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar to a pan and simmer
– Add chorizo, chilli, courgette, red pepper, cherry tomatoes and piquante peppers and cook for 5 mins until veg begins to soften
– Add 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, basil and oregano and leave to simmer for 10 mins to really get all of the flavours bubbling together
– Throw in some olives and capers
– Add risotto rice and season
– Pour a little chicken stock in and keep adding more as the rice absorbs it, until it’s ready to serve!